Shannon’s Transformation Story

My name is Shannon and here is my story……

family

This is my family, a wonderful husband and 4 incredible kids!

Here is the reason for this blog…….

2013-01-17

I can’t believe I am sharing this photo!

I have NEVER worn a bikini and I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life!  I have lived a life of NEVER being comfortable in my own skin, always being chubby since elementary school.  I never understood how some kids were so skinny and why I was cursed with this horrible body.  I was teased and tortured by my weight and thought I could never be healthy and fit.

I considered myself a Christian for a long time but I had no idea how much I was missing!  God woke me up about 5 years ago that life isn’t about going to church on Sunday and living your life your way.  He showed me that “For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” Mathew 16:25.  I knew I was a mess and wanted God to take my life and use it for His glory!  I began reading my bible and found a hunger for God that I have never know.  He began teaching me and transforming me in EVERY aspect of my life.

In February 2012 we had a wonderful surprise born on Valentine’s Day and this is when God began to deal with my struggle with food and my weight.  Food has always controlled me, eating too much, craving all the wrong things, and the feeling of guilt and disgust over my choices. I have said, “I will start on Monday” more then 1,000 times. I’ve been on EVERY diet, and exercise regime possible, but it was a roller coaster! This was just my issue and had nothing to do with God, or so I thought.

This is what God has shown me #1 He loves us more then we could ever dream or imagine!  His heart breaks when we struggle and He wants us to find our comfort in Him and nothing else, especially food.  #2 Satan has used food since day 1 to take us away from who God calls us to be, “Oh Eve, I get it!”  #3  Everyone struggles with something that takes them away from who God wants them to be, mine just happens to be food.  #4 God can do anything!!  When you are a child of God you have the Holy Spirit living inside you and there is NOTHING more powerful! As long as I seek God daily, stay in His will, and I’m guided by the Holy Spirit I can move mountains!!

2chicksgetfit_0357

I will forever be on this journey of trusting God for my daily choices because I am a disaster without Him.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

Proverbs 3:5

I hope my journey inspires you to lean not on your own understanding, and let God make you the best you can be!

For more info you can check out my food diary.

Shannon’s Food Diary

15 thoughts on “Shannon’s Transformation Story

1. sue T says:

shannon you are such an encouragement for me, to allow God to guide me in all I say and do. Thanks for sharing your struggle and I pray that I can look as great as you do! xoxoxoxo

2. Heather says:

I am so inspired maybe this is exactly the push I needed..thankyou for that and I am so happy for you and your family..I look forward to reading more of your journey.
    Heather

3. Michelle says:

Thank you! Your struggle is my struggle, and knowing that it can be done is so incredibly inspiring! Congratulations, and I wish you continued success and comfort in Christ.

4. Angelina Fracchiolla says:

Hi, I am coming over from East Coast Creative’s FB link. I read your post and was very Blessed. I don’t have the struggle of weight but your story truly spoke into my life. We are currently facing a Physical Trial of another sort. Our oldest son was just diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis. and it looks like he also has Cirrhosis of the liver. He is in the hospital for a week and we still don’t have a release date as of yet. Our Trust and faith in the Lord has never been tested so much as it is being now. Letting go and Letting God is so VERY easy to say ( I know, I have said it most of my life not understanding what I was truly saying ) But living it is a whole other story. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
    Blessings
    Angelina

• shannonclelli says:

Wow Angelina thank you so much for your feedback. I just got goose bumps down my spine because I just posted a blog about patience and how to put our trust in God and it couldn’t be more perfect for you and your struggle. Always remember that when we are weak He is strong and in this life there is nothing better than when He is carrying us! Praying for you and knowing that God has great plans
      Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
      Love, Shannon

5. Mo says:

Shannon,
    I just love what you are doing on your 2chicks site here…It is so inspiring and so courageous of you to share your struggles along with your successes…Knowing I
    have watched the transformation and how wonderfully beautiful God has worked
    in your life and your body is just such a blessing.

Love you sweetie,